5 Ways to Sell Your Land without a Realtor
Selling land without a realtor may seem like a daunting task. But it is a cost-effective choice that can save you a significant amount of money. Besides, even if you hire a realtor, there is no guarantee that you will sell your land with ease. So, it is not always the best or only option. We have researched the best methods to make things easier for you. This article discusses the 5 best ways to sell your land without a realtor.
Ways to Sell Land without a Realtor
#1. Put a “For Sale” Sign:
A For Sale sign is a simple, low-cost and efficient way to let people know that you are selling your property. The sign’s primary function is to make people aware that it is up for sale. Additionally, it also helps potential customers find your property. According to National Association of Realtors study sellers who employ such advertising technique tend to earn an average of 4 to 7 % more than those who rely on agents. Plus, these sellers also do not have to struggle reducing property price much before closing the final deal.
#2. Ask Neighbors, Relatives, and Friends to Buy Your Land
Anyone from your family or neighborhood can be a potential private land buyer. Given that, you can simply persuade your family, friends and neighbors to buy your land. For this, you can run a letter campaign. You can get the letters printed to distribute them among your acquaintances.
You should write the letter in a way that motivates the recipient to accept your proposal. The basic layout of your letter should include following elements.
- Your introduction.
- Explanation of the letter’s purpose.
- Detailed information of the land.
- Reasons why the reader should opt for your land.
- An explanation of why this offer is essential.
- A CTA with your contact details.
A letter campaign emerges to be successful method to sell your property without a realtor as it has possibility of generating higher profit.
#3. Use MLS (Multiple Listing Service):
Multiple Listing Service, often known as MLS, enables you to list your land for sale on numerous websites. A primary reason realtors prefer MLS is the enhanced exposure they get. It expedites the buying and selling process by offering an access to extensive database. It comprises all the houses for sale in a particular region. It is frequently updated by the sellers. Additionally, there are images of the property which help you attract potential buyers. Moreover, you can give complete details about the land including, location, important landmarks, and amenities available nearby.
On average, this could cost you between $100- $500. However, it tends to vary by region and also depends on the duration of the listing. It can take up to six months to find a suitable buyer, so make sure you keep your listing active at least six months.
Some of the benefits of Multiple listing services are as follows.
- Attracts Quality Buyers – One of the primary benefits of using an MLS is attracting high-quality buyers. Generally, the people who contact you through MLS are real estate agents. You can discuss your property prices with them and proceed through the rest of the process.
- Enhances Visibility – The properties listed on MLS databases are automatically added to third-party sites. It gives your home a higher probability of reaching more buyers and brokers.
- Provides Updated Information – MLS provides accurate information about the real estate market. It does this by regularly adding new listings. Home buyers and brokers depend on steady listings, attracting more significant traffic.
#4. Advertise Your Land
#5. Utilize Facebook Marketplace
More than 200 million Americans use it. One of Facebook’s exciting and unique features is the ‘Marketplace.’ It is one of your best options if you want to sell your property without a realtor. Anyone can use Facebook Marketplace to sell their products. The products must exclude alcohol, tobacco, weapons, and animals. Some advantages of using Facebook Marketplace are as follows.
Now let us understand the process of selling your property on Facebook Marketplace.
- Step 1: Take clear pictures of your land from several angles and create a proper description.
- Step 2: Access the Facebook Marketplace by clicking on the marketplace icon at the bottom center of the Facebook homepage.
- Step 3: Write an attractive title and description. Ensure that the description contains all the property details.
- Step 4: Upload all the property images.
- Step 5: Enter the selling price.
- Step 6: Select and add the location of your land.
- Step 7: Select the category for the listing.
Your property is now listed on Facebook Marketplace. Now sit back and relax waiting for potential buyers to contact you.
The steps mentioned above give a preliminary idea of how to sell your property without a realtor. Even though it can seem difficult, it is possible to accomplish this. The aforementioned methods all will provide decent exposure to a bigger audience, whether they are more conventional approaches like putting up a “For Sale” sign or launching a letter campaign, or new age campaigns ones like online marketing or advertising. These techniques work well for selling your land quickly and affordably. The process may take some time at first, so just be patient and trust that the right buyer will find you.